New England life

I stopped in at a local shop in Jamaica, VT and the woman who owned the store was working on her loom, weaving an area rug. She used 2 different types of yarn, silk and cotton. The silk is sturdier and allows for deeper, richer colors when dyeing. The loom is absolutely beautiful and as I watched her working, it was apparent that she didn't even have to think about it..it was second nature, like breathing.
I passed this farm along Rt. 67 on my way to Silver Lake, VT. I love driving along the New England countryside, savoring the small town life and all it has to offer.

Comments

Peter Bryenton said…
I like that you went in from the wider shot to illustrate the detail you wrote about. It's a mini photojournalism piece. Think about adding the person, in context, next time you do this kind of thing, please.

Popular Posts